Ultra-Violet (UV) Systems
Despite municipal water treatment, harmful microorganisms can enter the water supply. UV systems use only the power of UV light to inactivate bacteria and viruses, rendering them unable to reproduce or spread infection.
MUNICIPAL WATER & BOIL WATER ALERTS (BWAS)
Municipal water can be deemed perfectly safe when it leaves the treatment plant. Nonetheless, boil water alerts (BWA) happen frequently as a result of the unexpected. Many times a boil water alert is issued 24 – 48 hours after contamination has occurred.
BWAs are issued for a variety of different reasons:
- Failure of disinfection equipment
- High turbidity levels due to a malfunctioning filtration system
- Water main breaks
- Questionable pathogenic bacteria detection
- General interruption of water treatment processes
BENEFITS OF A UV SYSTEM
Uses as little energy as a 25-watt or 40-watt light bulb UV does not affect the taste, color or odor of your water Ideal for areas with boil water alerts (BWAs) and homeowners who want extra assurance.
- Does not affect taste, color and odor of the water
- Capable of destroying 99.9% of harmful microorganisms including: E. coli, Cryptosporidium and Giardia
- Natural and safe disinfection without the use of harmful chemicals
- No disinfection by-products
- Effective against a broader range of organisms than chlorine
- 9-16 GPM peak flow – Ideal for most homes