Ultra-Violet (UV) Systems
Safeguard against contamination. Install an Enviro Water Products UV disinfection system and you no longer have to be concerned about waterborne pathogenic organisms causing illness. Our UV systems kill bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens by preventing them from reproducing.
Municipal Water & Boil Water Alerts (BWAs)
BWAs are issued for a variety of different reasons:
- Failure of disinfection equipment
- High turbidity levels due to a malfunctioning filtration system
- Water main breaks
- Questionable pathogenic bacteria detection
- General interruption of water treatment processes
Benefits of a UV System
- Does not affect taste, color and odor of the water
- Capable of destroying 99.9% of harmful microorganisms including: E. coli, Cryptosporidium and Giardia
- Natural and safe disinfection without the use of harmful chemicals
- No disinfection by-products
- Effective against a broader range of organisms than chlorine
- 9-16 GPM peak flow – Ideal for most homes
How Does It Work?
The ultraviolet (UV) treatment process is an extremely quick physical process. Ultraviolet light mutates and/or degrades DNA. DNA (or deoxyribonucleic acid) is the part of the cell that gives an organism its instructions on how to function and reproduce.
When the DNA is damaged, the organism becomes unable to function because its “instructions” are garbled or missing. An organism that has no instructions cannot function and reproduce, and cannot cause infection. It is rendered harmless and eventually dies.
In the ultraviolet disinfection process, water is purified as it runs through a stainless steel chamber (also called a “reactor”) that contains a special UV- producing lamp. As the water flows past the lamp, the microbes in the water receive a lethal dose of UV.